re-blogging a good article today. I have to say I experienced everything that’s on this very eloquent list. Menopause used to be called “The Change in Life”. It certainly was for me. Thankfully the worst is over; I made out to the other side.
There. I said it.
This is not a baseless fear. I’ve read a lot of articles about the subject. All the articles seem to say the same things, and I have no idea which are myth-ish, and which are legit. If I were to believe everything I read, this is what I’d expect from menopause:
- I’m going to turn into a ravening harridan, totally irrational, ruled only by my run amok, dying hormones.
- I will have hot flashes that make me turn bright red and pour flop sweat at the most inconvenient moments, like when I give a presentation to a Board of Directors
- I will have the sensation of bugs crawling on my skin
- I’ll get fat and sprout hair where I don’t want it, and lose fat and hair where I do want it
- I might get a deeper voice and bigger feet
View original post 1,429 more words
One thought on “Get That Thighmaster Away From Me: Why I’m Afraid of Menopause”
thank you for the reblog!